1500 Mk1 - 590 FNU | PUBLIC ENQUIRIES | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_TopicIcon
1500 Mk1 - 590 FNU
September 26, 2017
3:02 pm
J.G.BONSER

Hello all!

I'm trying to trace the history of my Grandfathers Wolseley 1500 Mk 1, 590 FNU, which was the first car he ever bought brand new (£500 he recollected).

I'm very sad to say, he passed away last week. He was very fond of his cars right up until his eyesight prevented him driving anymore. I run and restore classic Series Land Rovers, and was dabbling with the idea of buying a 1500. Now Grandfather has passed on, I thought I would at least try to see if his old one still exists, and if possible of course obtain it.

I do have a couple of pictures of the car, when they first took it on Holiday to Norfolk, brand new.

Any information would be hugely appreciated! Thank you all for your time.

Best regards,

Jono.

September 26, 2017
9:00 pm
Webmaster
Admin
Forum Posts: 294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello Jono

Bad news I'm afraid. We have no records of a 1500 with that registration number and it doesn't appear to exist on the DVLA database either.

However, as you suggest, you can always buy another, there are usually several for sale under the Classifieds adverts on this website, so just keep a look out for one.

Bob

September 26, 2017
10:23 pm
J.G.Bonser

Hi Bob.

Thank you for your time getting back to me.

I knew it was a long shot, and even though I was expecting it the answer still saddens me a bit.

A 1500 is on the cards eventually, when I've made reasonable progress on my Series One LR. Now I know where to come for advice, help and advertisements.

Thanks again!

Jono

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 213

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 117

Members: 796

Moderators: 7

Admins: 5

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2

Forums: 2

Topics: 383

Newest Members:

vicdixon

Moderators: magicmember: 0, Chair Man: 0, Admin 2: 0, Admin 1: 2, Reg Istrar: 0, Sec retary: 0, Member Secretary: 0

Administrators: rob: 0, Treasurer: 0, Webmaster: 294, Jenny Ryder: 4, Editor: 0