1500 series 1 | PUBLIC ENQUIRIES | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_TopicIcon
1500 series 1
March 29, 2017
7:59 pm
Roy Garbett
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Can anybody help,after what seems to be hard to source bits,external boot an bonnet hinges,NOS or good chrome used items,also set of external door handles,MGB are same pattern may be able to modify to do the job,or are anything else the same?New to 1500s so dont know these things.

March 30, 2017
9:23 am
Webmaster
Admin
Forum Posts: 299

Hello Roy

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, new chrome parts are now very rarely available for most Woseley models including the 1500. Many used parts are still available at autojumbles and on ebay, and the Wolseley Register has quite a few body fittings available (all used), and these are all pictured and priced on this website, but you will need to be logged in to see them. Bonnet and boot hinges for the Mark 1 are just not available anywhere, and if any used ones do ever turn up, they are sold at very high prices...

So you will get used parts (apart from the hinges above), but if you want perfect items, you will need to consider rechroming them.

Earlpart sell a wide range of new parts for the 1500, although chrome trim items do not feature in their online catalogues.

I hope this helps
Bob

March 30, 2017
3:36 pm
Roy Garbett

Thanks Bob for your interest,have thought about the re chrome route ,this appears to be my only option so maybe get some quotes,need to do it soon as lead times can be months rather than weeks but am presently not desperate.Most that I have come across are no better than mine,and as you say tend to be a lot of money.Had some chroming done on my previous project but wasnt very pleased with the result,can you recommend any chromers?ROY

March 30, 2017
4:18 pm
Webmaster
Admin
Forum Posts: 299

Hi Roy

We have a fairly comprehensive list of recommended suppliers and service providers on the website, all recommended by at least one Register member, and I think it has about 4 or 5 chroming companies listed on it. The list can be found on a page at the bottom of the Classifieds heading, but as it is a members only page, so you will need to be logged in to access it. May I suggest that you email me at my webmaster's email address and I will set you up with an access.

Bob

March 30, 2017
5:30 pm
Richard Farrell
Forum Posts: 47

hi.

as stated the external hinges are like hens teeth.
the poor chrome on mazak base metal ensured these items were badly pitted after only one or 2 yrs on our roads.
they were also prone to snapping which makes even badly pitted ones very much in demand.

even the new old stock ones i acquired many yrs ago have pitting.

a good chromer should be able to sand them smooth enough for a rechrome but the pop marks are often repaired with lead or tin solder before chroming which makes it an expensive process.
but it can be done.!!!!

good used ones are harder to find than new old stock unfortunately

March 31, 2017
6:13 am
Roy Garbett

Thanks again guys for your help regards hinges,decided to go rechrome route,Ashfords do a pick up service in Telford so no posting etc,they then mail a price with a 4 week turnround which all sounds good,we shall see,will keep you posted with results.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 213

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 117

Members: 804

Moderators: 7

Admins: 5

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2

Forums: 2

Topics: 390

Newest Members:

Jacobfoets Jacobfoets

Moderators: magicmember: 0, Chair Man: 0, Admin 2: 0, Admin 1: 2, Reg Istrar: 0, Sec retary: 0, Member Secretary: 0

Administrators: rob: 0, Treasurer: 0, Webmaster: 299, Jenny Ryder: 4, Editor: 0