The 2019 Spring Touring Weekend will be based at the Llanerchindda Farm Guest House at Cynghordy near Llandovery in Wales. The Guest House is run by the Hadley family and they cater specifically for owners of classic cars, please see their website for full details of the accommodation.
With close proximity to the Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains and Elan Valley, the countryside is truly spectacular and the coast is also not far away. The picture above shows Wolseley Register members on a previous visit and the picture below shows the spectacular Cyghordy railway viaduct taken from the terrace of the guest house.
A choice of very well organised routes is available. Route books giving easy to follow directions as well as suggestions for refreshment breaks and where filling stations are situated en route are handed out with a briefing in the morning with rally plaques. Of course it is not obligatory to take part in these runs if people wish to do their own thing. In fact other outdoor pursuits are available such as fishing, clay pigeon shooting, bird watching, mountain biking and even walking!!
The 2019 costs at the Llanerchindda Guest House are now available. The 3 night Classic Car Tour package has been offered for an all in price of £252.50 per person. This includes:-
- Three nights Dinner Bed and Breakfast
- A drinks reception on the first night to welcome all the participants of the touring weekend
- Very extensive route books for the two touring days giving not only very comprehensive route instructions, but suggested places to stop for lunch, location of petrol stops etc
- An Ordnance Survey map of the area
- A rally plate to fit on the front of the car
- Entry fees to any of the local attractions visited on the route (gardens/houses etc)
- Afternoon tea on return to the guest house
- A memento of the weekend
Typical itineraries of the tours can be seen on their website!
Members are encouraged to take part in the tours around some of the most beautiful countryside in Wales.
For those wishing to extend their visit the weekday bed and breakfast rate is £42.50 per person per night (the weekend rate being £46.50 per person per night) Dinner is £21.50 per person. Early booking is highly recommended as this is a very popular venue. Bookings should be made directly with the guest house but you should state you are part of the group from the Wolseley Register.
Please contact Stuart Nell if you wish to discuss any details about the tour, (contact details are on this website and in Wolseley World).